Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Whole Quarter

I recently had a birthday. Honestly, I had forgotten it was coming. I didn't even try to trick myself to forget it was coming either, things were just too hectic in rl & in the meantime I was trying to handle the feeling of being overwhelmed as best I could - I found that it takes lots of steady breathing, an understanding mate...and fresh newbie snacks! A big thanks to my lovely, Tristan, for hooking me up with them :) When a co-worker pointed out to me my birthday was 2 days away I stopped what I was doing, stood upward and had a sort of a 'wow' moment. I always pictured myself embracing the older me, but when I realized I was on the corner of a quarter century, I sort of freaked out, mainly realizing that time is ticking away. . .As much as I didn't expect people to remember my birthday in RL (mostly because the main person, me, didn't remember) I really expected this birthday to just wash away & be uneventful. . .that is, until my friends called me up. Thank God for such wonderful people like them in my life. I couldn't ask for better friends and family. They really made that day my day. I am so grateful to have such caring people. My love, Wu, was also there in thoughtful ways, even in SL by getting me a little cake with sparkler candles. Bless the lord for him, as well. After the days end, the fear of turning another year didn't seem so bad and it just managed to fade away.
BDAY

No comments: